Congratulations to LEGO Singapore Pte. Ltd
This year’s winner has taken the same approach to developing people and actively encourages its employees to be more child-like, explore and experiment, be creative, have fun and go through life playing.
While LEGO is best known for the manufacture of LEGO-brand toys, consisting mostly of interlocking plastic bricks the company is also a frontrunner when it comes to innovation, environmental issues and gender equality.
LEGO Singapore Pte. Ltd. moved in to South Beach Tower on Beach Road 3 years ago and rather than developing the office with only productivity in mind, the organisation chose to focus on the ways of working instead. By doing so it acknowledged that people have varying needs to focus and collaborate with colleagues during a day and that traditional-style offices do little to cater for these needs.
The company’s efforts have resulted in a very dynamic workspace, which focuses on activity-based working and allows each individual to structure his or her workday based on the tasks at hand. In practice, the office space has been divided into a number of different work zones that enable employees to change seating throughout a workday or week, and to meet colleagues and collaborate across teams, functions and specializations.
DABS members had the pleasure to visit their Singapore HUB lin April and were deeply impressed by the result.
The DABS Business Award of the Year is given to a special recognition within the DABS community for its remarkable achievements in 2017.
Criteria for Eligibility & Selection:
- Exhibits an excellent level of business standards and ethics
- Demonstrates leadership, vision and community involvement
- Proven business achievement
- Exemplary of encouraging and developing staff
- Demonstrated concern for work environment
- Innovativeness of product or service offered
- Response to adversity - examples of problems faced in the nominee’s business and the methods used to solve them
- Contributed to strengthening relationships between Denmark, and Singapore.